Dr. Anu Sayal-Bennett
I have trained in many types of psychological therapy including
Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy at the Maudsley Hospital, London and Systemic Therapy at the Tavistock Clinic, London. However my applied theory is integrative: in other words, I blend and mix theoretical tools so that they are appropriately unique and relevant for you. In the consulting room my approach is non-judgmental, compassionate and empathetic.
I have a wealth of experience in the voluntary and private sector and in the NHS, where I have been the Head of Adult Psychological Services for several trusts. I have lectured and published widely and was appointed as a Mental Health Commissioner by the Secretary of State. I have been a School Governor, a past President for Soroptimist International, a radio agony aunt and even a ‘Dove’ model to publicise their self-esteem campaign! Like you, I am far from perfect and have faced and overcome my own personal challenges, and yes, been in therapy too!
I was awarded the Diploma in Clinical Psychology by the British Psychological Society and my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Surrey. I am a Chartered Psychologist and a Chartered Scientist.
A Member of:
- The British Psychological Society
- The Health Care Professional Council
- The Science Council
- The Institute Of Health Care Management
- The British Association Of Behavioural And Cognitive Psychotherapists
- The Tavistock Society Of Psychotherapists And Allied Professionals
- The Association For Family Therapy And Systematic Practice